The Brandon School Division is currently accepting applications for Custodial Assistants:
- Meadows School
- Vincent Massey High School
These are permanent positions to commence December 7, 2020.
**To view the full job posting and to apply online please visit the Brandon School Division website at www.bsd.ca. Deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon, Thursday, November 26, 2020.
Purpose of Position
The Custodial Assistant provides cleaning services for the property and buildings of Brandon School Division.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work as part of a team in providing a clean, safe and healthy environment for staff. Specific duties and responsibilities are established by the Supervisor of Facilities within the parameters of the job profile.
- Demonstrated general knowledge and ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain clean and sanitary facilities through the use of cleaning skills and job-related tools.
- WHMIS training/certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health regulations.
- Effective basic reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Effective basic interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in commercial cleaning.
- Class 5 Driver's License.
- First Aid, CPR Certification.
*Permanent CUPE employees presently on staff will be given first consideration.
*Salary AS PER COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT.
Employment will be subject to a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check completed within the four months preceding the date of application with results satisfactory to the Brandon School Division.
Brandon School Division will give consideration to gender equity, visible minorities, indigenous ancestry, and persons with disabilities. The Brandon School Division thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMPORTANT: Public Health Orders into effect as of November 20th prevent one from having anyone inside their home who is not a resident with limited exceptions that include delivery of items and some essential services. More details on current orders are at this link. The Province has asked that residents stay home unless it is essential to leave. If deeming that a classified transaction is essential, ensure that purchases and exchanges are conducted consistent with present public health orders and safe with critical priority on distancing and mask usage.
Brandon School Division
1031-6th Street, Brandon
Posted Friday, 5:17 PM
Expires in 26 days (Monday, December 21)