McCain Foods (Canada) has an immediate opening for a Shift Supervisor (1 position) in our Carberry, Manitoba Facility. This position will manage the day-to-day operations of the packaging/Process area activities to ensure conformance to established requirements regarding cost, quality, productivity, safety (both personnel and product), sanitation, and employee competence. The Supervisor ensures uniform application and interpretation of established SOP?s, specifications, shift-to-shift consistency, and coordination of employee training. The Supervisor serves as a coach and mentor for the associates in their area. This position will work 12 hour shifts, on a rotating schedule that includes, days, nights, weekends and holidays.
REPORTS TO: Shift Manager, or other as designated by the Company
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages overall operation of their area. Responsible to lead, guide, support and demonstrate ownership for the packaging area to ensure all targets / standards are met on an hourly, daily and monthly basis
- Ensures finished product meets quality standards and customer specifications
- Administration of the Collective Agreement
- Works effectively with Maintenance to ensure equipment efficiency
- Shop-floor /operations support by leveraging RTM, Active Plant & Infinity to improve our process control and finished product quality
- Driving and supporting Continuous Improvement ideas along with problem solving & troubleshooting opportunities that arise on shift
- Oversee / support hour by hour management on the plant floor
- Participates in our sites daily 3 tier meeting structure (7:45 Shift handoff, 8:20 ? shop floor MDI and 9:00 / 3:30 daily operations meeting.)
- Coaching & mentoring plant associates on change management and driving / sustaining positive business practices and tool applications on the shop floor
- Administrative functions of a supervisory role, such as time keeping, vacation planning, disciplinary action, taking call-ins and finding replacements, etc.
- Prepares shift schedules
- Oversees operator training
- Development, training and ensuring associate completion of required trainings (e-learnings and other core and additional trainings)
- Preparation of departmental reports
- Performs investigations
- Participate in daily management sensory
- Support and drive interdepartmental initiatives for Safety, QA, Costing, and H.R & Maintenance
- Assist the Shift Manager to meet the targets set forth in quality, safety, productivity, cost, delivery, morale and environment
- Oversee abnormality management on the shop floor
- Identifies and recommends process improvements and efficiencies which make the most effective and efficient use of capital and human resources
- May be required to cross-train on the Production Supervision duties
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor?s degree, preferably in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Science or Business or a related field is preferred. Equivalent relevant experience may be considered for internal candidates.
- 1-3 years? leadership experience
- 1-3 years? food or beverage manufacturing experience
IMPORTANT: Public Health Orders into effect as of November 20th prevent one from having anyone inside their home who is not a resident with limited exceptions that include delivery of items and some essential services. More details on current orders are at this link. The Province has asked that residents stay home unless it is essential to leave. If deeming that a classified transaction is necessary at this time, ensure that purchases and exchanges are conducted consistent with present public health orders and safe with critical priority on distancing, mask usage, thoroughly cleaning items, thoroughly washing hands and not leaving home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of illness.
Posted Wednesday, January 13, 4:32 PM
Expires in 20 days (Saturday, February 13)