Engineering Technician Aide (Temporary)
Engineering Technician Aide
(Survey Crew/Materials Testing/Inspection) - Temporary
***More than one (1) position may be filled***
Are you looking to gain experience in the field of civil engineering? This exciting opportunity will allow the successful candidate to participate as part of the Construction and Design team. Operating a variety of survey equipment with the survey crew, assisting with technical functions in the materials testing lab and assisting with the inspection of infrastructure, to ensure safe and efficient construction of the City?s underground utilities and roadways. This successful candidate will need the ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Possess a valid and subsisting Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver's licence.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12, GED, or Mature High School Diploma;
- Currently enrolled in a Civil Engineering Technician/Technology program;
- Previous experience assisting in topographical, layout and control surveys for civil engineering projects;
- Previous experience operating survey instruments (total stations, levels and GPS);
- Previous experience assisting with materials testing such as nuclear densometer and concrete field tests;
- Previous experience assisting with the inspection of municipal infrastructure
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and AutoCAD software.
Competition # 210017
Please apply with a cover letter and resume on-line at: http://jobbank.brandon.ca/
Post Date: February 22, 2021
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on March 8, 2021.
Hours of work: Engineering Technician Aide normally works full-time hours (36.25 hours per week) but the workday may include overtime into the evenings and weekends.
IMPORTANT: This opportunity is open to all applicants; however, first consideration will be given to current City of Brandon CUPE employees.
Rate of Pay: $14.23 - 2018 rate.
Duration of position: While most Engineering Aide positions are seasonal in nature, usually lasting until late fall, there is the possibility of longer assignments.
The City of Brandon is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.
Serving and Building Community!
Posted Monday, February 22, 2:05 PM
Expires in 23 days (Thursday, March 25)