Human Resources Generalist
Tundra Oil & Gas is a Manitoba-based oil and gas exploration and production company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Winnipeg-based James Richardson & Sons, Limited. Tundras head office is in Winnipeg, with additional offices in Virden and Calgary. At Tundra, we believe that our people are the foundation of our success, and we are dedicated to growing our company in a sustainable and disciplined way. This philosophy has served us well since our inception in 1980. Today, Tundra is a team 300-strong, and a leader in the Manitoba and southeast Saskatchewan oil industry. We take pride in supporting the communities in which we operate and stewarding the resources we manage for today and for the future. We are committed to working together and to getting everyone home safe every day.
Tundra is seeking to fill a Human Resources Generalist (Maternity Leave Replacement Term) position based out of our Virden, MB office.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day requirements of all components of Human Resources. The incumbent will provide customer service and support to the Director, Human Resources, the Managers, and employees primarily, but not limited to, in the Virden and surrounding area.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, some specific duties and responsibilities of the HR Generalist include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to management pertaining to all aspects of recruitment and selection, new hire orientation, compensation and benefits, employee relations, compliance, policies administration, disability management (STD/LTD/WCB), performance management and training.
- In conjunction with other HR team members, assist in maintaining all HR internal process reports (e.g. new hires checklist, termination checklist, Promotions/ Transfers/Changes checklist; Master Position List; recruitment reports; exit interviews; course evaluations; professional development, etc.).
- Organize the Virden new hire employee orientation process which includes: preparation of the employee packages, schedule the orientation times, arrange for pre-employment screening, employee picture program management, etc. and conduct the employee orientations.
- Assist in booking catering, venue, arranging for the training resource requirements, etc. for employee in-person training sessions and educational opportunities. Oversee on-site set-up and tear down requirements and serve as the trainers point-of-contact.
- Co-lead Tundras participation in annual compensation surveys (Mercers MBD and MTCS) and APEGA?s survey. Utilize internal HR resources to collect the required survey data. Provide the survey data to the Director for final review and submission in accordance with the deadlines.
- Participate in a variety of career fairs, as required, to promote Tundras business, attract and recruit potential candidates.
- Manage the monthly probationary review process for all locations, utilizing automated tracking process in WorkForce Now (WFN).
- Manage Tundras company-wide annual service awards program.
- Prepare the quarterly HR Bulletin newsletter publication and distribution.
- Preparation of a variety of employee correspondence.
- Assist with maintaining routine HR quarterly reports (e.g. overtime, banked time, etc.), as well as any HR or other related ad hoc reports.
- Assist with the development and administration of policies and procedures per Tundras requirements and in conjunction with the Employment Standards.
- Conduct research and provide analysis in a variety of HR disciplines as requested by the Director.
- Assist with various HR projects as they arise.
- Provide inter-departmental HR support to other HR team members as required.
- Assist with posting communication on The Pipeline.
- Other relevant HR duties as required.
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Minimum 5 years HR experience is required.
- Post-secondary education with an emphasis in a human resource or business-related field is preferred, although a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources Professional (CPHR) certification considered an asset.
- Prior oil and gas production and exploration knowledge and experience is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.
- Prior experience with ADP HRIS software is an asset. We utilize ADPs Workforce Now.
- Excellent customer service abilities; sensitivity to customer issues and understanding the importance of diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Superior listening and interpretative skills.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent relationship building and relationship management skills.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion is required.
- Superior level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities ensuring all deadlines are met accordingly.
- Strong problem solving and judgment skills.
- Results focused with ability to work independently and productively under time pressures.
- A high level of self-motivation and initiative, along with the desire to continually improve.
- Possess attributes such as maturity and judgment, accepts responsibility and accountability, and common sense.
- Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Tundras Safety Policy.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit the Careers section of our website at www.tundraoilandgas.com and submit your cover letter and resume. The position will remain open until filled.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Posted Tuesday, April 27, 8:26 AM
Expires in 20 days (Friday, May 28)