Garden Centre Operations Manager
As a member of the Alternative Landscaping Ltd. Management Team, the Garden Centre Operations Manager is responsible for managing and leading the Greenhouse, Nursery, and Retail teams in providing high quality workmanship, products, and service that ensures customer satisfaction. The Manager ensure that the Garden Centre consistently meets performance expectations in terms of customer experience, sales growth, retail execution, and profitability.
We're looking for someone with a commitment to excellence in customer service, who takes pride in their work, and has an enthusiastic "can do" attitude. They'll have a combination of retail experience (not restricted to a garden centre) and horticultural interest. The successful candidate will be a results-oriented individual who:
- thrives on achieving challenging goals,
- inspires, motivates, and coaches others to succeed, and
- multitasks, adapts, and copes well with demanding situations.
- Provide inspired leadership for the organization, overseeing staff hiring, training and performance, ensuring all team members offer our customers a great retail experience.
- Control the centre's budget and stock purchases and supervise promotions.
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures, analyzing effectiveness and improving productivity and efficiency.
- Oversee the day-to day operations of the retail, greenhouse, and nursery businesses.
- Strong people management skills, able to motivate and lead the team.
- Solid business and IT skills with financial and budget experience, point of sale systems, and basic IT/stock-control skills (Microsoft Office and QuickBooks).
- Customer service experience with demonstrated ability to understand customers? needs and expectations, and the expertise to provide great customer experiences in a community-focused business.
- Retail experience including planning, financial, and marketing responsibilities.
- Understanding and ability to anticipate and adapt to the seasonal demands that impact the business and how that in turn then affects working patterns and workload.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
Position Details: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with a competitive pay and benefits package. Remuneration will be based upon relevant experience and qualifications.
Please apply on our website at: Careers - Alternative Landscaping (northstarats.com)
Alternative Landscaping Ltd. is a local, family-run company that has been creating award-winning outdoor landscapes for more than two decades. We complete commercial and residential projects in landscaping, excavation, and maintenance and operate a year-round garden centre that services southwestern Manitoba. Constantly striving to provide "Superior Workmanship by People Who Care", the Alternative Team works hard every day to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and create projects that will have a lasting impact in the region.
Posted Monday, June 07, 3:37 PM
Expires in 13 days (Monday, July 05)