Maintenance Field Foreman
Alternative Landscaping Ltd is hiring a Maintenance Field Foreman. This Foreman performs technical yard care work and provides on-site coordination, quality control, and leadership of Maintenance employees in work primarily related to spring and fall Clean-up, lawn maintenance, Fiesta Program, aeration and over-seeding, snow clearing and commercial lot maintenance.
About the job:
- Plan, manage, supervise, and perform Maintenance Department work
- Organize and direct yardcare and shovel crew operations
- Operate a variety of yardcare maintenance and snow removal tools and equipment.
- Drive trucks and haul trailers to work sites.
- Provide training for employees in proper procedures for the use and maintenance of tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintain detailed records for projects and materials and monitor work quality.
- Able to consistently meet production expectations with strong organizational, problem solving, and team building skills.
- Able to adapt to unexpected challenges and resolve issues.
- Able to communicate positively and effectively with customers, vendors, and team.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of yard care maintenance, safety best practices, and policies and procedures.
- Able to use hand and power tools.
- Knowledgeable about safe work practices and procedures.
- Experience operating yardcare and snow removal equipment and driving a truck and trailer and truck plow.
- Driver's license is required.
- Yardcare experience is required.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions including hot, rainy, cold, and windy.
- Strenuous physical work.
- Long shifts (10 hours typically). Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work required.
- This is a full-time opportunity offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Rate of pay is dependent upon experience.
To apply, visit our career site at Careers - Alternative Landscaping (northstarats.com) or our offices at the corner of 34th Street and Patricia Avenue.
Alternative Landscaping Ltd. is a local, family-run company that has been creating award-winning outdoor landscapes for more than two decades. We complete commercial and residential projects in landscaping, excavation, and maintenance and operate a year-round garden centre that services southwestern Manitoba. The Alternative Team works hard every day to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and create projects that will have a lasting impact in the region.
We're a growing company, hiring career-minded team members who share our mission: "Superior Workmanship by People Who Care". Check out our website for the opportunity you've been looking for!
Posted Wednesday, 2:38 PM
Expires in 27 days (Saturday, October 16)