Are you an energetic individual that enjoys helping others? Do you enjoy being out in the community? Do you have a leading personality? Do you currently have employment or school in the evening (nursing students, university students, retired educator or general interest in support work), but are looking for daytime morning and occasional weekend work? Do you see support work as a career in your future?
Then we are looking for you!
We are currently looking to hire a home support worker for an adult male with Cerebral Palsy.
Some of the duties include:
- Light, but daily household chores
- Being in and out of the community (sporting events around Brandon, including volleyball, basketball and hockey), take client to jobs when required
- Must prepare basic meals
- Assisting with active programs, (reading, typing, physical activity at the Healthy Living Centre or at client?s house or out in the community, walking program, etc.)
- ability to function with repetitive daily duties
- Must be willing to do hygiene needs on client
- Must have a basic or high computer background, or be willing to learn
-Must be able to be a positive role model to the client
This is a part time position with approximately 20 - 30 hours a week. Hours could be negotiated at interview.
Proof of Covid 19 vaccination required at interview
Criminal Record Check - willing to get within first two months of hire.
Adult Abuse Registry ? willing to get within first three months upon hire
First Aid & CPR ? willing to get within first three months upon hire
Fluent (read and write) in English
Experience is an asset, however we will be willing to train
Hours could be more/less due to clients? availability
Must have valid drivers license to transport client in company van
Please bring what you have of the above documents listed to the interview.
Hourly wage will be negotiated on the date of hire, depending on applicant?s experience.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send in a pdf file format. Or mail to: Unit #102 1623 26th Street Brandon Manitoba R7B 4A8
You can also call 204 761-4092 (6am to 8 pm) or 204 726-3281 for more information.
We look forward to hearing from you and potentially working with you! Start date is as soon as possible.
Posted Wednesday, October 13, 10:21 PM
Expires in 17 days (Saturday, November 13)