Brandon School Division is currently accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant (10-Month) at Kirkcaldy Heights School.
Please visit the Brandon School Division website at Careers (bsd.ca) to view the full job posting and to apply online. Deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon, Thursday, May 19, 2022.
Purpose of Position
The Administrative Assistant (School 10-Month) contributes to the smooth and effective operation of the Brandon School Division, providing services in confidential office administration, reception, clerical and financial support services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Are established by the School Principal within the parameters of the job profile.
- Administrative Assistant Certificate (17-20 week program) and Financial Accounting coursework or similar coursework/certificates, with a minimum of three (3) years work related experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant Brandon School Division policies and procedures.
- A strong secretarial skill set, including: word processing, photocopying, data input, reception, faxing, emailing, customer service skills, and verified keyboarding skills of 60 wpm.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Moderate reading, writing and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information in the workplace.
- The ability to work independently and cooperatively as an effective member of a team.
- Class 5 Driver?s License.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, with training in Emergency Response procedures (e.g. fire drills, lock downs).
- First Aid/CPR Certification.
- Working knowledge of computers and related business applications (e.g. Student Information System, HR/Finance/Payroll database, Microsoft Office, EIS).
- Coursework related to Medical Secretary or Health Care (for positions in Student Support Services).
- WHMIS training.
Your cover letter must clearly indicate how you meet the required qualifications.
This is a repost and previous applicants do not need to reapply.
Salary AS PER COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT.
Employment will be subject to a Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check completed within the four months preceding the date of application with results satisfactory to the Brandon School Division.
Brandon School Division will give consideration to gender equity, visible minorities, indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities. The Brandon School Division thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, Brandon School Division will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants disabled by barriers during the interview and assessment process.
Brandon School Division
1031-6th Street, Brandon
Posted Friday, May 13, 6:51 PM
Expires in 17 days (Monday, June 13)