Fiber Optic Utility Locate Technician
Position will have responsibility for using mechanical/technical equipment to accurately locate underground facilities, but not limited to, telephone lines, electrical power lines, cable television lines, gas lines, fiber optic lines, water lines, and sewer lines. The Fiber Optic Utility Locate Technician position requirements include the ability for an individual to drive local roads, work outdoors, and to operate independently.
The Fiber Optic Utility Locate Technician will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Ability to communicate and interact daily with managers, crews, and homeowners to discuss locate issues.
- Ability to use company provided locate equipment and technology to accurately locate underground utilities.
- Attend and pass instructor lead training to obtain locator certification.
- Interpret job order tickets.
- Read maps and blueprints.
- Determine efficient route to each locate in rural and urban areas.
- Remove and replace manhole lids.
- Ability to work in and walk all types of terrain.
- Data collection with various GPS survey equipment, including RTK Systems.
- Use lap top computer to receive, document and email.
- Able to work alone and independently.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least eighteen years of age.
- Locating experience preferred.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record.
- Specialized skills training/certification may be required.
- Dependable and trustworthy.
- Previous field experience as a surveyor is an asset, along with solid working knowledge of various GPS systems, including troubleshooting equipment and replacing parts in the field as needed
- Proficiency with Geodatabases & Microsoft Office Productivity tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Successfully complete company provided locator training.
- Requires the availability for call out, including some mandatory overtime.
- May require weekend and holiday work when necessary.
- Some travel may be required, including overnight stays and out-of-town assignments and/or training.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds periodically to properly locate utility lines.
- Ability to walk all types of terrain (grass, ditches, wooded areas, gravel, etc.) in and around construction zones and residential, commercial, industrial and rural areas in all types of weather conditions (rain snow, cold, heat, etc.)
- Must be able to operate a computer to document and close tickets.
- Must be able to work alone and independently.
- Requires considerable walking at least 2 to 3 times a week.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment.
- Ability to stand and walk for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes.
- Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes and variety of terrains.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Dependable and trustworthy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
If interested, please contact careers for more information or forward resum? detailing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
About RFNOW Inc.
RFNOW Inc. is a successful, dynamic organization with opportunities to grow and specialize in a number of areas within the field of technology and construction including broadband wireless communication, fibre optics, network architecture/maintenance, directional drilling, cable plowing, line locating, tower building, residential and commercial service connections, and heavy equipment operation and maintenance. Learn more at rfnow.com.
Posted Friday, August 05, 8:29 PM
Expires in 17 days (Sunday, September 04)