WHO WE ARE
BVT Truck & Trailer Repair, a division of Steve?s Livestock Transport, is a diverse mechanic shop specializing in repairs and maintenance for all types of trucks and trailers, as well as custom aluminum fabrication. We have grown into three locations to serve our customers in Blumenort, Brandon, MB as well as Red Deer, AB.
As a community leader and an industry-leading employer, Steve's Livestock Transport is committed to establishing an inclusive workplace that values and promotes diversity. Consistent with our values, we create a supportive work environment that encourages everyone to reach their fullest potential.
We are looking for a Part-Advisor to join our team in Brandon, MB on the day shift.
- Maintain inventory
- Counting and tracking all parts used and/or sold
- Confirm parts are appropriately coded to allow for refund on unused stock
- Handing out parts to mechanics
- ordering emergency parts when required
- Special order parts from suppliers
- Entering all inventory movement into computer
- Maintain orderly workplace
- Help set up and carry out year-end inventory procedures
- Check to see if parts are under warranty.
- Maintain process or return warranty parts
- Inform mechanics if party received qualifies for warranty.
- Shipping parts
- Complete all required paperwork.
- Track all invoices to ensure payment for warranty items.
- Work Orders
- Time Tracking
- Create work orders in real-time, coordinate and assign repairs:
- Drive up work
- From maintenance repair sheets:
- From service sheets:
- From the structural repair sheet
- Monitor all in-progress work to ensure quality and timely completion.
- Document work order progress and assignments on the BVT Daily Schedule.
- Review all completed work orders to ensure times and parts charged are acceptable.
- Complete incident reports and take photos of incident damage and file both on the company network.
- Record and schedule services for all company-owned trucks and trailers.
- Ensure that work orders use the correct job codes and are priced accordingly.
- Close and print work orders within 48 hours of work being completed.
- Reporting to manager:
- Time sheets
- Inventory inconsistency
- Software-related problems with computer
- Open work orders (daily and weekly)
- Customer Service
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicate well with manager, drivers, and staff. Ensure prompt response at all times.
- Ensure the job is completed on time and to the customer?s satisfaction.
- Any other items as specified by the Branch Manager
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of parts experience
- Competitive wages
- Full benefits package
- RRSP contributions after one year.
- supported OEM and industry training.
- Opportunities for advancement
If you are looking for consistent hours, stable work, and opportunities for growth and advancement, we would like to hear from you!
Posted Thursday, November 03, 4:08 PM
Expires in 0 days (Sunday, December 04)