Boundary Co-op is hiring a Meat Operator at our Food Store in Boissevain, Manitoba.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.boundaryco-op.crs
What you?ll do:
Under the direction of the Food Store Manager, the Meat Operator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Meat Department team and;
- Demonstrate day to day behaviours and actions that align with and strengthen our Co-op's vision, mission, values, brand and focus on safety;
- Provide legendary customer service;
- Ensuring all operational policies, procedures and image standards are maintained;
- Maintain a neat, well merchandised department and related workstations ? sales floor, cooler, freezers, receiving area, warehouse etc;
- Review department's production sheets for all fresh food programs and make adjustment to weekly production sheets as needed;
- Responsible for completed ordering, received, merchandising processes and completed all administration functions within the department;
- Operator will oversee the team member processes within the department including: scheduling, time management, training, performance reviews, and assigning daily duties.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for an opportunity to work in Retail and:
- You have a grade 12 or equivalent;
- Experience in a retail department, preference given to experience in a Meat Department;
- You are honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do;
- You are well organized, and capable of attaining a high level of production, with a minimum amount of supervision;
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, and weekends;
- You are highly motivated;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we?re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Boundary Consumers Co-op Limited welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process by contacting the Human Resources Division at (204) 534-2960, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at 423 South Railway in Boissevain.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
For more information or to apply, visit our Careers page at www.boundaryco-op.crs
Posted Tuesday, March 14, 1:52 PM
Expires in 15 days (Friday, April 14)