Network Analyst-Core IP/Optical Transport Network
WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities we serve. Westman empowers our team members to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
What you'll do:
- Design, build, and manage our carrier grade, Optical, Core & edge networks
- Network planning for Core IP and Optical Transport Network (OTN)
- Capacity monitoring and network expansion planning to support traffic growth
- Supporting Business Development and Marketing/Sales groups to offer competitive products
- Implementing Core IP & OTN projects that will include new builds, migrations, optimization etc.
- Working closely with peering partners for optimal customer experience, expansions, changes etc.
- Document network architecture, as-builts, connectivity diagrams, maintenance records etc.
- Make recommendations for service/product improvement
- Interface with vendors and carriers to improve product offerings and platform enhancements
- Ensure new services are structured to the centralized operational model
- Implement network changes in accordance with departmental change policy
- Provide collaboration and technical training to other team members
- Have a strong commitment to delivering an excellent customer experience
What you'll bring to the team:
- 5 years' experience in an ISP or MSO environment with excellent knowledge and experience in IP networking, routing, and switching, in an OTN environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a major in computer science, information systems or related field
- Possession of one or more approved information technology certificates and/or completion of other equivalent approved technology-related training
- Thorough understanding of advanced routing and switching protocols, voice media gateways, SIP/TDM
- Excellent understanding of technical fundamentals of internet and IP protocols
- Strong knowledge of last mile access technologies, fibre transport technologies, diagram software/solution, and scripting language for task automation
- Good understanding of RF fundamentals as it applies to cable networks
- Knowledge of Linux and general Linux support issues
- Proven diagnostic, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be bondable
*Must be willing to time-average and be available for emergency services as required
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: This position is open until filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team at https://westmancom.com/careers and start your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Posted Friday, 4:15 PM
Expires in 27 days (Monday, June 26)