Full-time Yard Attendant/Driver
Boundary Consumers Co-op is hiring a Full-Time Yard Attendant/Driver (40 hours per week) at our Home Centre in Deloraine, Manitoba.
Co-op does business differently, as a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.boundaryco-op.crs
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Lumber Manager, the Yard Attendant will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the Home Centre Yard.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing exceptional member service with a positive, professional approach and attitude toward customers
- Assisting in loading and unloading freight as needed
- Being aware of surroundings such as other drivers, people, animals, and items in the yard where you will load and offload product
- Ensuring the safe transfer of material being shipped including proper cargo securement
- Operating and maintaining all equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Being responsible for proper storage of a variety of materials
- Maintaining a neat, clean and orderly location at all times by using good housekeeping standards
- Adhering to all Boundary Consumers Co-op Ltd. policies and procedures and participate in the Health and Safety program, including wearing all the required PPE
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Customer Service and have:
- Organizational skills and great time management
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Class 3 license would be an asset
- Previous retail experience would be an asset
- Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions
- Previous lumber, hardware, and agricultural or HABS experience would be an asset
- Working knowledge of hardware, home centre, and building supplies is essential
- Ability to handle multiple demands at once while still providing excellent customer service
- Commitment to cooperative values and principles
- Ability to lift up to 50Ibs unassisted
For more information or to apply, visit our CAREERS page at boundaryco-op.crs
We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we're working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Posted Friday, September 15, 10:00 AM
Expires in 19 days (Monday, October 16)