Maintenance Worker II
Shoal Lake Health Centre
* Grade 12 education (MB Standards)
* Successful completion of a minimum of one year of apprenticeship in a building trade preferred (e.g. Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Painting, etc.)
* Two years experience in a building trade (e.g. Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Painting, etc.)
* One (1) year experience as a maintenance person preferred.
* Other combinations of suitable education and experience may be considered
* Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence, or equivalent from province of residence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
* Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
* Demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
* Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
* Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures in a changing environment
* Demonstrated knowledge and competence of skills and concepts related to the position
* Demonstrated communication skills
* Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
* Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
* Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
* Ability to work effectively and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and within interdisciplinary team
The incumbent will be responsible to maintain and care for the grounds, buildings and equipment of the facilities, keeping them in a safe proper condition and will be assigned to assist trades as required. The incumbent will also perform preventative maintenance on buildings and equipment as required by quality assurance programs. A safe environment will be maintained by ensuring surfaces are in good repair and by using products that ensure infection control and environmental regulations are adhered to.
- Maintains the buildings and grounds in a good, safe condition and appearance.
- Ensures driveways, parking areas and building exits are clear of snow, ice and other debris at all times.
- Perform ground keeping duties necessary to keep facility grounds in an attractive appearance
- Maintains all machinery, equipment and furnishings in proper working order.
- Carries out a preventative maintenance program on all mechanical and electrical equipment as assigned, records daily on preventative maintenance log
- Maintains a log for all repairs to major pieces of equipment
- Performs duties of plumbing, carpentry, painting, refrigeration, ventilation, air conditioning, roofing and other hospital equipment maintenance as personal knowledge and skill permits.
- Performs routine repair maintenance, installation and renovation functions independently, as assigned, on certain types of site buildings, equipment furnishings, building service equipment, and assists other more qualified maintenance personnel and tradesman with lesser skilled aspects of a trade
- Participates in new construction and commissioning as required
- Responds to all emergency calls such as fire alarms, etc. as required
- Receives and stores deliveries of goods
- Participate in the on-call rotation as required by the Regional Manager, Maintenance.
- Cleans and maintains on a daily basis all maintenance areas, workshops, mechanical rooms
- Other duties as assigned
Open Until Filled
Apply Online at Careers (pmh-mb.ca) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the posting number above
We thank all applicants that apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Tuesday, September 19, 10:46 AM
Expires in 21 days (Friday, October 20)