Schedule: Permanent full-time. Some weekend or early morning shifts may be necessary to fulfill WestJet fueling requirements or call outs (fueling STARS, etc.). We are open 0800 - 1630, 7 days a week. Summer hours may be longer.
Start Date: ASAP
Brandon Flight Centre is a growing not-for-profit business which safely and proudly serves customers by offering JetA and AvGas fueling with WestJet being our main Jet Fuel customer. We are seeking a knowledgeable, hard-working, trustworthy and experienced team playing individual to take an active and lead role in our day to day FBO activities.
The incumbent will be required to work in a fast-paced environment providing support and excellent customer service. Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks during the day with little to no supervision while providing assistance to other departments as necessary. Strong critical thinking skills is mandatory.
The role is responsible for a wide variety of tasks including Aircraft fueling & movement, Facility maintenance (janitorial), FBO equipment maintenance, Grounds keeping and maintenance & other tasks as required. This includes accountability and responsibility of job duties performed. Responsible for ensuring that the Fuel operations of Brandon Flight Centre are always fully functional including Inventory and Quality Control and consistent internal auditing.
- Punctuality and dependability
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
Qualifications and desired Attributes· Basic Maintenance skills – building, equipment and grounds
- Class 5 driver’s license for fuel truck
- WHMIS and TDG certificate - (can be obtained within a pre-determined time period)
- Ability to take on tasks independently and follow through to completion with little supervision
- Ability to understand needs of clients and follow through with requests with excellence in customer service.
- Superior telephone manners and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Professional confidentiality of both BFC operations and customers
- Conduct oneself with honesty, integrity, consistency, work ethic and professionalism
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- General mathematical and budgeting skills.
- Computer / admin skills
- experience in writing manuals, policies, etc.
- Some weather factors – extreme cold to heat (in hangar and outdoors)
- Interacts with members/customers, employees, and management staff and the public at large.
- Fast paced environment with many tasks to be completed daily
- Overtime may be required.
- Call outs as requested from time to time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.65 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandon Flight Centre
Posted Monday, November 20, 10:25 AM
Expires in 12 days (Thursday, December 21)