Brandon Police in this morning’s media release report of responding to an alarming case of suspected drug overdoses late Monday night.
After 11pm, BPS were called to assist Brandon Fire and Emergency Services with a suspected drug overdose in which two adults had been discovered as unresponsive in the bathroom of a home. Both individuals were taken to the Brandon Regional Health Centre where one is currently in Intensive Care.
Police were told that individuals had purchased Purple Heroin and Methamphetamine, with initial testing showing a mix of Fentanyl, Butyrylfentanyl, Carfentanil and Methamphetamine. Police are investigating the source of the drugs.
Police at the same time warned in their morning release of the potentially fatal dangers of opioids, with Fentanyl described as being 50 to 100 times more powerful than morphine and Carfentanil being 100 times more powerful than that. Just two milligrams are potentially fatal whether through ingestion, inhalation or absorption through the skin.
The full day’s media release can be read at: